Our Civil Design team applies best practices, as well as the set of standards applicable to each client, jurisdiction, environment, and topography to efficiently assemble contract plans, specifications, and estimates. We use proven methods of coordination and collaboration with strict management of quality, value, schedule and cost.
Our Civil Engineers excel at performing the following tasks:
- Concept reports
- Roadway geometrics
- Bentley Civil Storm and SUDA 3D Modeling
- Maintenance of traffic planning
- Stormwater conveyance and detention design
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Erosion and sediment control
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, including grade line analysis and inlet spacing
- Earthwork cross sections and mass grading
- Barrier warrant analysis
- Quantity and cost estimate reports
- Cloud-based, Collaborative Quality Assurance & Control (QA/QC)
- Third-party reviews
- Value engineering consultation
Among our civil design staff, we are proud to have two Certified Floodplain Managers. This is a designation required by an increasing number of agencies nationwide. CFMs are qualified to mitigate damage by improving floodplain management and stopping its drain on human, financial and natural resources.
Our engineers have developed a variety of unique programs and procedures to aid in the creation, assembly, and checking of the Phase II contract documents. This unique verification process occurs throughout the design to ensure a consistency between the plans, specifications, and estimates from the first concept submittal to the final advertisement set. Discrepancies can be reported and remedied in advance of submittal deadlines by cross referencing the calculation sheets, summary of quantities, schedule of quantities, specifications, special provisions, and plans.